Locate: Search Strategies
Can’t find what you’re looking for in our catalog? Try using these search strategies:
- Keyword versus Subject Searching (PDF)
- What’s the difference?
- When do I use “keyword”?
- When do I use “subject”?
- A Useful Strategy!
- Sort Search Results (PDF)
- By date – “reverse date” for latest release of an item
- By relevance – most relevant items listed first
- By title or author – create an alphabetical list for future reference
- By material type – group results by format
- Caution! – There are two sets of instructions to sort search results. One for:
- An author, title or subject search
- A keyword search.
If you still can't find what you're looking for, try these options.