Policy on Concealed Carry Law
- Whereas the Clermont County Public Library is a community gathering place for lifelong learning; and
- Whereas the Clermont County Public Library has children and adults of all ages in their buildings at all times; and
- Whereas the Ohio General Assembly has enacted legislation that includes an exemption for public libraries as a permissible location to possess a concealed weapon or other dangerous ordnance,
- Therefore be it resolved, that the Board of Trustees of the Clermont County Public Library, does not permit a person to possess concealed weapons or any other dangerous ordnance of any kind on its property or in its building, unless the owner of the weapon or other dangerous ordnance is a law enforcement officer; and
- Be it further resolved that the Board of Trustees of the Clermont County Public Library shall post the necessary notification as a place exempt from Ohio’s Concealed Carry Legislation, as required by the Ohio Revised Code.
Approved by Board of Trustees March 8, 2004
Revised by Board of Trustees April 11, 2016