Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library is a program that distributes free books to children from birth to age 5 in participating communities.
Children under the age of 5 who live in Clermont County are eligible.
Visit the Clermont County Public Library website and click on the Imagination Library icon, or use this link - https://clermontlibrary.org/imagination-library/. Simply click on the “Enroll Now!” button and fill out the form.
Books will begin to arrive at your home 8 to 10 weeks after your child is registered. For example:
- If you register your child January 1, the registration will be finalized February 1.
- The first book will be sent March 1.
- The book will arrive in the U.S. mail 7-10 days later, or about March 10.
- Live in Clermont County.
- Register your child at: https://clermontlibrary.org/imagination-library/
- Read to your child.
- If you have a change of address, you can update it on your profile using this link, https://imaginationlibrary.com/bos/. Use your email address to log in.
- You also can email Marcie Langendorfer at firstname.lastname@example.org and give her your new address. If you still live in Clermont County, Marcie will change your address in the system and your child should receive a new book again in about 10 weeks.
- If you no longer live in Clermont County, Marcie will attempt to transfer your registration to an affiliate serving your new community.
- Please don’t register your child twice. Duplicate registrations will be removed from the mailing list even if a child is registered using different addresses.
- Please don’t reregister you child with a new birthdate. Duplicate names will be removed from the mailing list.
If I enroll my younger child, will they receive the same books that my older child did at the same age?
The Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library Book Selection Committee rotates about 25 percent of titles for each age group every year. Families who enroll multiple children will receive some “repeat” books.
If your child recently turned 5 years old, he or she graduated from the program. If your child has not turned 5, please email Marcie Langendorfer at email@example.com for more information.
Unfortunately, yes. Having a book of their very own, even a duplicate book in the case of twins, will help develop the love of reading.
You may be eligible in the area where you live. Visit the Dolly Partin’s Imagination Library website to check if the program is offered in your area.
Books for different age groups are mailed as they are delivered from the publisher, which varies from month to month. Please email Marcie Langendorfer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not received a book in 8 weeks.
No, but the Clermont County Public Library offers cards to children age 3 and up. Just stop by your local branch to sign up for a card.
Absolutely. Just visit the Library’s website or use this link: https://clermontlibrary.org/imagination-library/.
Your child is eligible as long as the family has an address where they can receive mail. The book will be addressed to your child.
Please email Marcie Langendorfer at email@example.com.
Unfortunately, no, but the Clermont County Public Library welcomes children of all ages to get a library card and enjoy all the resources available.
The United Way of Greater Cincinnati and the Clermont County Public Library administer the program. The Ohio Governor's Imagination Library provides 50% of the funding with the rest supplied by generous donors. To help support the program financially, contact the Eastern Area United Way at (513) 536-3000. Your support is appreciated.
Studies show children who grow up surrounded by books are more successful in school. The Journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics found that reading aloud to children at a young age has a positive impact on brain development. It’s the goal of the Clermont County Public Library, Ohio Governor’s Imagination Library, United Way of Greater Cincinnati, and Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library to give every child the advantage of having books and reading opportunities at home.