We want to help you use your imagination while exploring new technologies. We currently have a 3D printers available at our Miami Township Branch Library as part of the Maker Lab.
- Ultimaker S3 3D printer at the Miami Township Branch
How 3D printing works
A 3D printer transforms a two-dimensional design into a physical object.
Download a ready-made design file from a site like Thingiverse or create your own. Below is a list of some of the free design software available for the PC and Mac:
Your design needs to be a .stl file suitable for printing. If requested, staff will use Ultimaker Cura 3D printing software to prepare images for printing.
Additional software available at the Maker Lab
If you visit the Maker Lab at the Miami Township Branch, you can also use computers with CAD software to help with the design process. The computers in the Maker Lab also have Adobe Creative Cloud software, including Photoshop, which can be used to create 3D files.
- Files must be:
- Submitted in person on a flash drive or SD card provided by the patron in .stl
- Able to be printed within six hours
- The Clermont County Public Library will not accept files for printing that contain:
- Content in violation of local, state, or federal laws.
- Content in violation of copyright laws
- Objects that the Clermont County Public Library staff consider obscene or otherwise inappropriate, such as weaponry or drug paraphernalia
- The Ultimaker S3 is a dual-extruder printer that can print two-color models. Call the Miami Township Branch for more information and to find out what colors are available.
- You may submit one item for printing per week.
- Only designated Library staff will have hands-on access to the 3D printer.
- Items will be printed in the order that they are submitted. Delays due to printer maintenance, the number of printer requests, or other factors are possible.
- If a model does not print correctly due to a design problem, staff will stop the printing process and contact you so you can adjust and resubmit your design.
- The Clermont County Public Library will save printed items for two weeks. After that, they become the property of the Library.
- Call Miami Township Branch staff at (513) 248-0700.
Please fill out this order form: 3D Printer Order Form (PDF).