A notary is available at the following locations:
- Amelia Branch Library
- Batavia Branch Library
- Bethel Branch Library
- Felicity Branch Library
- Goshen Branch Library
- Miami Township Branch Library
- New Richmond Branch Library
- Owensville Branch Library
- Library Administrative Office
The notary service is free. Call your local branch to make an appointment.
Preparing for your appointment:
Document signers and witnesses (if required) must bring valid identification documents (IDs). Government-issued photo identification is required of anyone seeking notary service. A Staff Notary may decline to notarize a document if the signer cannot provide an acceptable ID.
Document to be notarized:
Be sure documents are complete and ready for signature. Certain notarial acts require the signer to sign in the presence of a notary. Staff Notaries will not notarize any document with blank spaces and are prohibited from helping you to prepare, complete, or understand legal documents.
Signers and witnesses:
Document signers must be present at the time of notarization. The Clermont County Public Library will not provide witnesses and witnesses may not be solicited from guests using the Library.
- A notary appointment is recommended when a document needs multiple signatures.
- Staff notaries may not notarize documents written in languages they do not read.
- Staff notaries are not permitted to make use of interpreters to communicate with notary guests.
- If a document does not contain a notarial certificate, a Staff Notary may explain the purpose of certain basic notarial acts so the signer may make the best choice for their document. The signer may wish to consult legal counsel or the document’s creator or recipient prior to their appointment to determine the notarial act required.
- Staff Notaries will not notarize documents that require specialized legal, financial, or technical knowledge.
- Staff Notaries are not attorneys licensed to practice law, may not give legal advice about immigration or any other legal matter, and may not accept fees for legal advice.
- Staff Notaries will not provide service if the guest, document, or circumstances of the request for notary service raise any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt, or uncertainty for the Clermont County Public Library. In this event, the Staff Notary may decline to provide the notary service.
Call your local branch and ask to connect with a Staff Notary.