Here at the Library, we are excited to offer our annual Summer Reading program featuring this year’s theme: Tales and Tails. We invite you to sign up and enjoy reading this summer!
Summer Reading, for ALL AGES, takes place from June 1 to August 1. It’s a great way for children to keep their reading skills sharp and for adults to track how much they’ve read over the summer.
For every 200 minutes read, you win a prize. You can win up to three prizes. Every time you read 200 minutes, you also will be entered to win a grand prize. Each branch will give away one grand prize.
Winners will choose one from our list of prizes:
- Zoo Family Season Pass – Family Membership
- Cincinnati Nature Center – Family Membership
- Riverbend Gift Certificate
- Cincinnati Museum Center – Family Premium Membership
How to participate
- Read, be read to, listen to an audiobook.
- Graphic novels, magazines, and eBooks count!
- Double the points! When you read to kids, the minutes count for them and for you!
- Log your minutes.
- Do it online using the button above. (You’ll need to register for an account.)
- Or use a gameboard to track your minutes. Download it below or pick one up when you visit your branch.
- Be sure to read at least 600 minutes to complete the Summer Reading program. If you read extra minutes, that’s great. For every extra 200 minutes read, you will receive an additional entry into the grand prize drawing.
Expand your summer reading experience
- Keep an eye out for fun online content all summer long on our website and social media. We’ll have activities for all ages.
- When logging your minutes online, watch for opportunities to earn web badges by completing challenges.
Enjoy weekly puzzle challenges! After playing each week, click the Enter to Win button, where you’ll be asked for a code word or number that was found somewhere in the puzzle. You may submit one entry per week. Play all summer long for a chance to win monthly grand prizes!
Reading and listening suggestions
Enjoy this curated list of eBooks and audiobooks for all ages via Hoopla.
Call or visit your branch for assistance. We’re here to help!