7 Fabulous Ways to Repurpose an Old Book
Repurpose an Old Book
- Make a gorgeous wreath from the pages of a book. Perfect decoration for the home of a booklover. Tutorial.
- Create lovely paper flowers from book pages. Decorate packages, cards, bookmarks. Tutorial.
- Make a picture frame. This is a great use for books that have lost their dust jackets. Tutorial.
- Make a ruffled garland out of book pages. Perfect for mantle or shelf. Tutorial.
- What if your bookshelf was literally a shelf made from a book? Awesome, right? Tutorial.
- Book page votive candle holder. If you’re thinking ahead for holiday gifts, this would be perfect for a teacher. Or your favorite librarian. Tutorial.
- Super cute idea – turn book pages into gift bags! Tutorial.
Altered Book How-Tos
Want something a little less homemade and a bit more artistic? Check out one of our books about
Get inspired with Art Made from Books by Laura Heyenga. This showcases carved, sculpted and altered books as art. Alter This! by Alena Hennessey explains how to transform books into something more decorative. The Repurposed Library by Lisa Occhipinti gives directions for more than 30 projects. You can create crafts like wreaths or vases using old books. Save Save Save